Texas H.B. 300 mandates:
- Employees must provide training in protecting patient privacy within 90 days of hire.
- Employees handling protected health information (PHI) must receive state and federal training.
- Enforcement by Texas Attorney General’s office.
The benefits of our course include:
- Training on your schedule
- Compatible with mobile devices
- Text with optional narration
- Receive a certificate of completion
- Meets NIST Guidelines
- Management employee tracking system available
- Group discounts available
Passed in 2012, this bill enhanced the privacy and security safeguards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996. A covered entity in this bill includes everyone that has access to protected health information (PHI). Training must be received within 90-days of hiring and violations can be steep financially and operationally. Keep your staff at full capacity by having all employees constantly up-to-date with federal HIPAA and Texas H.B. 300 mandatory training, which is required by the state of Texas. Training is a financial responsibility that can save thousands in lieu of violation fines, which can include Texas H.B. 300 violation fines as well as federal HIPAA fines. Remember, organizations and individuals alike are at risk for violation fines if PHI is breached.
Advanced HIPAA + Texas H.B. 300