Bloodborne Pathogens Training Course
Bloodborne pathogens are infectious microorganisms present in blood and bodily fluids that can cause serious or life threatening diseases. In this course you will learn how to avoid exposure to bloodborne pathogens and what to do if exposed to them.
Are you at risk of becoming infected with a bloodborne pathogen? Bloodborne pathogens are infectious micro-organisms in human blood and other potentially infectious materials that can cause serious health issues and disease in humans. The three most common bloodborne pathogens are: HIV, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C. Many occupations handle blood and/or body fluids or can be exposed to it and could potentially be contaminated. Contamination occurs when blood, or bodily fluid from an infected person enters the body of another person through abrasions, needle sticks, human bites or through mucous membranes. It is important to treat ALL blood and bodily fluids as if it is infected because there is no way to tell by just looking at it.
The Bloodborne Pathogens course is an excellent teaching resource that educates employees who handle or may come in contact with human blood and/or bodily fluids on how to stay protected against exposure and what to do in case of an exposure.
Bloodborne pathogens are infectious microorganisms present in blood and bodily fluids that can cause serious or life threating diseases. In this course you will learn how to avoid exposure to bloodborne pathogens and what to do if exposed to them.
At the end of this training course you will be able to:
- Explain what bloodborne pathogens are and how they can infect a human
- Identify the deadly diseases associated with bloodborne pathogens
- Apply bloodborne pathogen protection procedures
- Analyze what to do in case of an exposure incident
- Evaluate and apply procedures on how to disinfect a bloodborne pathogen contaminated area
- Dental Associates & Employees
- Healthcare Providers & Employees
- Medical Office Managers
- Mental Health Workers
- Surgery Centers
- All employees, volunteers, and others who are exposed to blood and/or bodily fluids in the workplace
- Course Duration: 60 minutes
- Enforced by: OSHA and at various state levels
- Certificate of Completion: By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Bloodborne Pathogens
- Payment Options: Pay by credit card, E-Check, or Invoice